Because I am allegedly a grownup, I
waited until the last minute decided to tackle preparing my 2013 taxes the night before meeting with my accountant. I’ll tell you what, despite my compulsive hoarding disorder, I’m amazed that I’m always able to find all of the important-slash-relevant docs that I need when it comes to tax season. It’s like I have some kind of weird sixth sense for tracking down that shizz. Werk.
Doing my taxes is a bit like strolling down memory lane, only looking through the lens of all of the money that I didn’t make and/or way over-spent. I experienced some wicked flashbacks of what a total shit year 2013 was for me.
To recap my 2013:
- I got canned from a job that I once lurved (that is until my terrific boss left the company and the bigwigs installed a complete moron in his place).
- I got a new job, which is, like, a bajillion times better and/or more glamorous than my previous started-out-great-then-turned-awful job, obvs.
- I travelled a lot for werk.
- We adopted a baby.
- Then we lost the baby.
- I spent a shizzton of money that I didn’t have because of reasons.
- I didn’t save enough money.
Here’s to a better and more prosperous 2014! It couldn’t possibly suck as much as last year, amirite?