Gosh, yesterday was sort of a whirlwind after I got back from Europia. There was still a shizzton of work to catch up on, plus some personal bidness to address, so I was totes running on empty by the time I went to bed at 12:00 AM EDT (which was 6:00 AM CET). Happily, though, I think I’ve snapped back to the right time zone and stuff. Werk.
Last night at dinner I was recapping for busy daddy some of my Europian adventures over the past 10 days or so, and he was all, “Yeah, I know. I read your blog.” And I was all, Well, did you know that I had some of the best Japanese eats and macarons in Paris? Or that I got caught in a crazy rainstorm in Madrid, and had to toss my shoes and buy a new pair at the airport? Or that according to FitBit I walked more than 57 miles during my trip? And busy daddy was all, “How would I know that? You didn’t post anything about that shizz.” And I was all, Exactly.
It’s funny to me how family and friends (and other assorted and sundry peeps) think they know what’s going on with me based on what I write on Lazy Dad’s Guide. Since it’s just us Squirrel Friends, I’ll let you in on a secret: lots more happens in my day-to-day, more than I have either the bandwidth or desire to write about here.
In fact, the carefully
manipulated crafted narrative of LDGTE tells just a fraction of what’s going on at any given time. Really, I wasn’t even in Europe this week! Everypony knows that outside of Canada, my company’s main office is in Bismarck, North Dakota, where the public transportation system is called Le Metro and the eats there are totes amazeballs! I’m kidding! The eats in Bismarck are blech, obvs. No offense, Bismarck, North Dakota.
- kandiasschronicles likes this
- electradaddy said: As I posted earlier, I say you were in Turkey getting one of those mustache transplants. You can’t fool me.
- electradaddy likes this
- keetchiemom likes this
- viaukraine likes this
- howbo15 likes this
- iloverockandroll1977 likes this
- whitetrashbarndance likes this
- messyjess1981 likes this
- farewell-xo said: Everyone knows the restaurants in Bismarck also double as churches and bingo halls. :p
- nerdiosity said: That Metro sign looks a lot like the ones in Chicago.
- marysdottir likes this
- kvknowsherfun likes this
- worldpeaceandacupoftea likes this
- illogicallylogicalchick likes this
- the--kel--smith likes this
- thislittlefeeling likes this
- relativekarma likes this
- rockabillymomma likes this
- lazydad posted this