Thanks everypony for your nice words and well wishes on my b-d! And thanks for putting up with my daylong replying spam. My intern really earned her keep in gummie bears and red bowties today!
I really appreciate all y’all’s birthday love because, like, three people IRL wished me a happy birthday today. Sad face. Actually, not really sad face. Everypony in real life can suck it. I much prefer the peeps on Tumblr anyway.
I’ll tell you what, this was easily the best 36th birthday I’ve ever had! And I’ve already had a few of them! Don’t judge.
Nearly twenty years ago, I moved to New York to attend Fancy-Pants Ivy League University, and by chance I was set up on a blind date with a super-skinny, artsy-fartsy dude whose preferred attire was overalls, mock turtlenecks, and Birkenstocks. My first impression was, Um, yeah, cute, but kinda too skinny and/or too artsy-fartsy for my taste. Because I was a Very Intellectual Smarty-Pants Grad Student and Stuff. Don’t judge.
But super-skinny, artsy-fartsy dude wore me down with his incessant
nagging courting, and I finally gave in. Once I got my hands on him, though, and accidentally misplaced his overalls bought him some new clothes, it turned out that he cleaned up nicely.
It’s sometimes hard to believe that at age 22 I ended up meeting the guy who I would eventually build my life and my family with. Twenty years might seem like a very long time, but it went by in a blink of an eye. Really, it did. But here I am, and here we are.
The Busy-Lazy boys had a pretty brutal year last year. But what kept us sane throughout the shizzton of grief and uncertainty that we faced was the fact that through it all, we always took time to laugh with each other.
Busy daddy is the smartest, funniest guy I’ve ever met. And who could resist those periwinkle-blue eyes? The boy has inherited so many of the traits that I love and admire about busy daddy, and I like to think that the boy has picked up a trick or two from me as well.
At dinner tonight, busy daddy said we are the luckiest family in town. And the boy said, no, we’re the luckiest family in the universe. I couldn’t disagree with them.
- mrjunaid likes this
- bill-yumm likes this
- ariannehk said:Happy Happy Belated Bday!!!!!
- hawaiianmommy likes this
- cajunmmb likes this
- loveandresentment likes this
- venus2pluto said:I guessed you were turning 34, love. I was close.
- venus2pluto likes this
- electradaddy said:A lovely family!
- electradaddy likes this
- moyo-wangu-uko-afrika likes this
- robins-nest said:This has cheered up my day. You guys are wonderful.
- robins-nest likes this
- scrapspace likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- momfarts said:Cute couple and great story! Made it worth the bday spam :) Hope your day was a great one, sir!
- sunsaturatedsidethoughts likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- elrayox likes this
- editormommy likes this
- mayak46 likes this
- ekrepcho likes this
- michelle-lorraineee likes this
- nomadiclife2006 likes this
- wheremygreengrassgrows said:Adorable!! Hope your birthday was perfect :)
- wheremygreengrassgrows likes this
- rebelyellsandbabysmells likes this
- littlebritches86 likes this
- caro26 likes this
- b3n-ifit likes this
- jennkeala likes this
- rachel-louise-shelly likes this
- thekidhasarrived likes this
- haldotdotdot said:So THAT’S young!Busy Daddy? OMG, he was SO CUTE, I’m gonna die. What a killer smile!
- ifjanetranit likes this
- aniesadventures said:oh my word! You two are absolutely adorable! I love older pictures, so much!
- lifeloveandjonah said:I just love you guys. You are such an amazing family and it makes me so happy!
- lifeloveandjonah likes this
- mbv25 likes this
- julianascorner said:Best post ever!
- julianascorner likes this
- kandiasschronicles said:Happy Birthday again and wow. You look younger but still like you. Busy dad looks totally different.
- kandiasschronicles likes this
- magmom likes this
- 6impossible likes this
- horror-mama likes this
- the-forsaken likes this
- sprogblog likes this
- discoballdad likes this
- thelittestgiantt likes this