Ugh. Even the sight of an adorable, random pup on the street at the end of my workday can’t help me shake my aggro attitude. Like, it would be great if there was a business where you could go, pay 10 bucks, and just wallop someone in the face for 20 minutes or so. I think it’s a viable business offering. I would totes go all of the time. Maybe I need to join a fight club?
I guess I’m a skosh overwhelmed. On top of my regular day job (as a professional e-mail writer) and my regular night job (as dad to the boy), I have been chasing down countless people and documents to help get my mother’s life back in order. I realize that a week at my parents’ house wasn’t really enough to get everything done.
While the majority of peeps I’ve dealt with have been very kind and helpful, there is the occasional dimwit who has frustrated me. I am not an attorney or an accountant or a financial advisor or a doctor, but I know what I know, and sometimes it seems like I know more than the so-called professionals.
I feel like nothing I do will ever be good enough for anyone. I’m failing as a son and as a dad and as a husband and as an employee. True story.
If I’ve learned anything over the past week, it’s to BE PREPARED. You never know what shizz you will encounter in your life. And, frankly, I don’t want my son or my hypothetical daughter to have to pick up the pieces of a life led in chaos.
Seriously, anypony know of a fight club in the Tri-State area that I can join?
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- pamilya likes this
- electradaddy likes this
- electradaddy said: “We’ll sell t-shirts!” youtu.be/TNt7TFj… Sometimes, we are our own worst critic. From an outside observer’s perspective, you are not failing at any of the things you listed.
- simplyjuliana said: lazy dad, please dont be so hard on yourself. all we can do is the best we can. and that is exactly what you’re doing. everyday has its own anxieties take it one day at a time. hang in there soon this too shall pass.
- maxandmummy likes this
- nothing2c likes this
- relativekarma said: Thinking you’re failing = you really aren’t. Hugs
- kimber-leigh likes this
- marysdottir likes this
- kandiasschronicles likes this
- thesassyprince said: hang in there, I am rooting for you. I know it’s cliche. But you will get through this. And from what I see you are doing a GREAT job as a son. Sending you cupcake dreams and gelato wishes
- thesassyprince likes this
- ilikegooseberries likes this
- daysofthedad said: Hang in there LD, you’re down on yourself now, but you’re doing great by everyone I’m sure. If you wanna smack someone around, come by our neck of the woods, there’s more then a few around here that deserve it.
- ourtwolittlemonkeys likes this
- ihatelaundry likes this
- daddynobucks likes this
- thekidhasarrived likes this
- chaosopher said: Only ten bucks, for twenty minutes of smushing someone’s face? Everypony knows you are awesome but you.
- mywildloves said: awww, hun. Is there seriously anything I can do to help you? Im not far if you need a message box to vent to. You know my dets. Hang in there buddy :)
- mywildloves likes this
- mama-me-eh said: you are failing at nothing! you are one of the greatest people I know! You are successful, a great daddy, super nice and very loving to your family!
- piggyvonninja likes this
- asimpledad likes this
- misterbillforeal likes this
- cameramasmommy likes this
- willowedlavenders likes this
- lazydad posted this