My nephew became a bar mitzvah yesterday (mazel tov, Eli!), so it was a whirlwind of family activities. I’ve concluded that a bar/bat mitzvah celebration (as put on by the Lazy family) is akin to a Big Fat Chinese-Russian-Jewish Wedding, so the fact that my sister and brother-in-law have done this for all three of their children is both super-impressive and totes mind-boggling.
I told busy daddy that if we were Jewish and the boy became a bar mitzvah, the party would likely involve takeaway Chinese eats and minimal party planning because I was tired just watching people put together yesterday’s festivities. Busy daddy said I would make a terrible Chinese Jew. Oh well.
The rabbi told us in advance (as did my sister and brother-in-law) that taking photos during the service was not allowed, so I didn’t, you know, take pictures. But someone in the Lazy family (ahem, lazy grandpa, *cough*) may or may not have been
reprimanded reminded at least once by the rabbi from the bimah that photography was not allowed.
The boy was a trooper and managed to remain focused and reverent throughout the nearly two hour service. Turns out going to temple (or church) is a pretty effective way to reduce the wiggles for the boy.
- ourbeachbaby likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- kandiasschronicles likes this
- the-diary-of-alexandreta likes this
- clockworkedmadness likes this
- thesassyprince likes this
- ilikegooseberries likes this
- punkdad likes this
- rockabillymomma likes this
- the--kel--smith likes this
- electradaddy said: Congrats to your nephew.
- electradaddy likes this
- whitechocolatesuperstar likes this
- kimcheez likes this
- chaosopher likes this
- mywaybacktothesea likes this
- nikkidoughnuts likes this
- mayak46 likes this
- thedefinitionofmycharacter likes this
- bi2pp said: Look how damn smooth the boy looks in his bow-tie, love it.
- ladyneils likes this
- taekwonjew said: Mazel tov! yay azn Jews =)
- chieriisono likes this
- grumpy--dad likes this
- mamato2boysand1girl likes this
- lazydad posted this