After lunch we went to the Japanese market to do some grocery shopping. The place was packed, as usual, and it took us a good 20 minutes to find a parking spot. Luckily, when we made a second pass around the parking lot, a nice older couple pointed out that they were leaving and we ended up with a great spot right in front of the entrance.
I don’t know what it is about the Japanese market, but the quality of meats and produce seems so much better than at regular markets, even Whole Foods. I picked up some household staples, and then we debated whether or not to buy some snacks. We ended up buying some mochi.
The cosmetics aisle in Asian markets have a wide assortment of toiletries and beauty products, many of which make no sense at all. I saw this plastic hoop thing that women use to fold their eyes open and then secure them with tape to make their eyes appear larger. It’s a sad commentary on the way that Western beauty standards have affected Asian women.
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- 2kidsmom likes this
- electradaddy said: Your last sentence nearly made me cry. I have twenty-something Asian cousins who insist on using that product. I hate it.
- electradaddy likes this
- wineredhush said: those Mochi do cost a bomb if I spent my Yuan-turned-Dollar there @.@
- wineredhush likes this
- valleyd likes this
- luisangelvargas reblogged this from lazydad
- craniodad likes this
- busydaddy likes this
- nothing2c likes this
- sunsaturatedsidethoughts likes this
- thesassyprince likes this
- designingdaddy said: Me need go there so soon time. I make stylish to the life to shop at a place.
- yellowbearsdontstop likes this
- kandiasschronicles likes this
- mamahead said: I NEVER make it out of the Japanse or any other Asian market without getting some Mochi!!
- mamahead likes this
- the--kel--smith likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- grumpy--dad likes this
- pamilya said: don’t forget the soap that doubles as a skin whitener!
- rueasmom likes this
- lazydad posted this